And our long version
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter this Policy at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof on the Site. This Policy covers our collection, use and disclosure of your information through Week Calendar and the Site. It does not cover any collection, use or disclosure by third parties through any applications, Web sites, products or services that we do not control or own, such as Facebook, or any third party features or services made available via Week Calendar or the Site. All trademarks, trade names, and logos of third parties featured on the Applications or the Site belong to their respective owners.
1. WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information below through your use of Week Calendar and/or the Site.
Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you or another person. We collect Personal Information through your app settings in iCloud and if you provide it directly to us via email. We may also collect Personal Information when you send us messages, comments, questions or suggestions or if you participate in blogs, forums, message boards, chat rooms, profile pages and other services within which you are able to post information, if any, through the Week Calendar Services and/or on the Site (collectively, “Forums”). We may also collect Personal Information through certain features of Week Calendar. We use this information to provide with customer service and a better user experience.
Non-Personal Information. “Non-Personal Information” is information that does not identify you or any other individual, and includes Session and Usage Data, Log Data and Aggregate Information, each as described below.
Session and Usage Data. “Session and Usage Data” is information about your use of Week Calendar and/or the Site. Please note that Session and Usage Data does not include any Personal Information nor does it include Content you may transmit or share through the use of Week Calendar (such as calendar appointments, etc.) or the Site.
Log Data. When you interact with us or use Week Calendar or our Site, our systems may automatically collect your unique User Device number, the IP address, type of browser or operating system you use, and the dates and times of your use (“Log Data”).
Aggregate Information. “Aggregate Information” is data we collect about a group or category of services or Users from which individual User identities have been removed. In other words, information on how you use Week Calendar Services and the Site may be collected and combined with information about how others use the Week Calendar and the Site, but no personally identifiable information will be included in the resulting Aggregate Information. Aggregate Information helps us understand trends in our Users' needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor the the Week Calendar and the Site.
We do not collect content/appointments you put into your calendar.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Personal Information. We may use your Personal Information:
• to respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests, provide services, or complete transactions you have requested.
• to send you information regarding Week Calendar and the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and Policies and/or other administrative information.
• to resolve problems with Week Calendar or the Site.
• to create an individual profile and provide personalized services.
• to suggest that you use or take advantage of certain features within Week Calendar.
• as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Non-Personal Information. We may use Non-Personal Information for any purpose, including for our own internal purposes; to measure traffic patterns; to understand demographics, customer interest, and other trends among our Users; to provide, improve and modify Week Calendar and the Site; and for promotion and marketing purposes.
3. HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED
Personal Information. In general, we use Session and Usage Data internally to serve our Users and enable them to take maximum advantage of Week Calendar and the Site. All information collected is stored in our database and may be archived elsewhere. We may disclose your Personal Information:
• to our third party service providers who provide services such as Web site hosting, maintenance, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other similar services, but only to the extent necessary or useful to provide such services, and only pursuant to contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your Personal Information.
• provided by you on Forums freely and without limitation. Please note that any Personal Information you post or disclose on Forums will become public information, and may be available to visitors of the Site. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Site.
• to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
• as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process, whether originating in the United States or other territory; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (h) if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires immediate disclosure of communications or your Personal Information exists.
No Disclosure to Third Parties for Marketing Purposes.
4. THIRD-PARTY SITES
Week Calendar and the Site access third party information (such as your Facebook account information) through application interfaces. We may provide links to third-party Web sites, such as Facebook, as a service to our Users.
5. USERS WITH WHOM YOU SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you share your information. We cannot, and do not, control the information you share with other Users using Week Calendar or the Site (including Forums) or how such other Users will use or share such information. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of our security measures.
6. CHOICES ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opting Out of Marketing-Related Communications. You may opt out from receiving marketing-related emails, texts, phone messages or other communications from us on a going-forward basis by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will try to comply with your opt-out request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out as described above, this will apply to marketing messages from us only. We will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the database of any other Users you have shared such information or from third parties to whom you have previously authorized us to share such information (i.e., to which we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
If you have questions about your Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com
Week Calendar is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your Personal Information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access and use. Please be aware that no security measures that we take to protect your information is absolutely guaranteed to avoid unauthorized access or use of your Personal Information or is impenetrable.
8. RETENTION PERIOD
9. INTERNATIONAL USERS
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities, and by using Week Calendar or the Site you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to countries, including the United States, which may be outside of your country of residence and may provide for different and less stringent data protection rules than in your country. If you object to your Personal Information being transferred or used as described in this Policy, please do not use Week Calendar or the Site and immediately delete all Applications from your User Devices.
10. PERSONAL DATA
Week Calendar does not transmit, store or collect any of your personal data at all.
We don't have any interest in your data - it's yours, after all. Week Calendar is only interested in building the best calendar app.
For the purpose of building the best calendar app, anonymous statistics are stored and send to our servers. The only information transmitted is device type (iPhone 5S), Operating System (iOS 7.1) and Week Calendar version (7.01). For example, if we find out that none of our users are still using an iPhone 3GS, we can stop testing on this device, allowing us to focus on newer stuff, instead of supporting legacy. If you don’t want us to gather this information either, you can simply disable it in Settings > General > Statistics > by switching off the 'Anonymously collect usage statistics' switch.
In order to calculate Travel Time which is based on current time and traffic, locations are send to our servers. Week Calendar does not store these locations. If you disable Travel Time no locations won’t be send.
When you go to the calendar store inside the app or when you have one or more calendar subscriptions, for example public holidays, once in a while a connection with our servers is made to check if there is new calendar content available for you. This update request contains:
• The version of Week Calendar so we can send back the correct calendar version;
• Your language preference, so you can actually read the content;
• Your Country preference, so we can send back calendars tailored for your country. For example, we have different calendars available for British users (Soccer calendars), than we have for USA users (Football calendars);
• Version of data you downloaded earlier, enabling us to send you calendar changes only thus saving bandwidth.
None of this information is stored on our servers.
Sharing of Events
When uploading an event or using the 'Share with Messages' functionality, the event selected will be send to WeekCal.com where it gets stored, enabling you to send a small and unique web link which can be imported as an event into their calendar. The reason for uploading the event is that it is impossible to share events via Messages, Text or SMS in any other way: only text and web links are possible. All links are deleted after a month automatically.
FAQ & Manual
When you use the built-in integrated FAQ and manual, Week Calendar will display a web page inside the app. Your language and country are included in this page enabling us to help you in your own language and adjusted to your country, if we have it available. This information will not be stored.
Information used on your device
None of the information below is send to our Servers, it is used on your device only!
Being a calendar application, Week Calendar obviously reads and writes to your calendars.
Your Address Book is accessed for
• Presentation of birthdays
• Linking events to contacts (name & address)
To disable this, set Settings > General > Contacts Linking to Off.
Week Calendar is able to send data to various navigation app’s and your web browser, all upon your specific
11. CONTACTING US / REPORTING VIOLATIONS
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or our privacy practices about Week Calendar Services or the Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Feel free to contact us
or via @weekcalendar on twitter